Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's a clips episode.

I just scanned through some of my recent posts and I realized I have gotten WAY too serious, not to mention long winded (oh wait, I've always been that). So I'm going to just shoot the breeze with you a little and give you an update on my life recently...
  • We finished off our commitment to Apartment Life and we are no longer an official "Cares Team" for our community, but we still are caring people who live in the same community.
  • We considered buying a house... then we were considered the value of eating and being able to afford to have clothing on our backs so we decided we are quite content in our apartment for another year.
  • We almost died putting together a booth for the January bridal show. But we lived to tell the tale... and to book several weddings from it so far (see photos of the booth here).
  • We've officially become "international photographers" since we just booked a wedding in Playa Del Carmen (near Cancun in Mexico) for this October.
  • We recently made some new friendships with people who we click with AMAZINGLY well (shout out to the Schmidts and the Julians, we love you guys!).
  • I took a full day off this month!
  • In 2009, we paid off all of our debt to become a debt free company (you can read the blog about that here).
  • Scottie and I both just started an online fitness program with Simply Fit where we receive a diet plan and workout plan for the week. I have a love/hate relationship with it because I love the nutrition plan but I just hate working out in general, while Scottie has discovered that working out is his new purpose in life. We are both feeling great doing it though, and we love the program!
I should've just put a stamp on that and called it a Christmas letter! Since most of our life is business and we've pretty much thrown the "personal life" out the window, you can read our abridged year in review of Radiant Photography if you want to know what's really been going on with us lately.

There is one more thing I have to talk about, the biggest news... we finally got a dog! No, not the boxer Scottie's always wanted, not the bull mastiff he's always secretly dreamed about, but a freaking Chihuahua!! Everyone who knows Scottie laughs when they hear this. In fact, when I first called my mom to tell her, she seriously could not stop laughing hysterically for even a minute, and she was STILL laughing after I told her the story about how we got the dog, and I could STILL hear her laughing as I hung up the phone! If you don't know Scottie well, I guess you could say he's not the little dog type of guy. Not to mention he's a really really big guy so they're kind of an odd pair (which is why mom was laughing until she cried).Her name's Jasmine (aka Jazzercise, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Jazzmanian Devil, and Snoop Doggy Dog to name a few) and we got her from some kids we love who used to live in our apartment complex. She used to follow these kids around everywhere, including up into our apartment. So we spent a lot of time with her and we LOVED her. She was one of Scottie's favorite dogs ever. So much so that when we went to the pound to find a dog, he said grimaced at all the chihuahuas but said, "man if Jasmine was available I'd take her in a second". Needless to say when her owners called us exactly 3 days after he said that (no joke) and told us she was available, we jumped at the chance!
We loved her a ton for that first week... and then she got her period. Ever since I found out that actually happens to dogs (like a year ago) I had hoped in vain that was an experience I'd never live to have. Bummer. I'll spare you all the gory details except to say that I have learned more about the sex lives of canines than I ever wanted to know.
(This is her being all ashamed the first time we put her diaper on her! So sad... and weird).

I'm happy we ended up with such a tiny dog (no, not so I can dress her up, that's only because she gets really cold). Since the house thing is a no go, we get the awesome job of following her around and picking up her poop by hand in a bag, so her size is a definite plus in that department. Not to mention, she's the perfect size for people like us who work our lives away because she just sits in our laps all day so we still get to pet her and pay attention to her. (By the way, Scottie thinks she has some weenie dog in her, which would make her a chiweenie or a weenie-wahwah and I'll accept that theory just so I get to say those fun words!)
But I still haven't told you the best part about this dog, not only is she a super sweet little cuddler who is very loving, cute, and tiny, but... she sleeps until noon everyday! We definitely could not have found a more perfect dog for us.

2 comments:

suzan merrill said...

Thanks for the update on your lives, I've never laughed so hard, ever. You made my day! I wish I could write like you, it's a gift!

The Juarez Family said...

Love the new blog design!