Monday, June 22, 2009

The Good Life


Ahh... life is good right now. I've just had the greatest past couple of weeks! Scottie and I came out of our overworked hibernation and spent tons of time with all of our long lost friends, not to mention we got our house sparkling clean for all our guests and that feels fantastic! We've really begun to see results from our hard work at marketing for our company and that has been unbelievably encouraging. Plus I'm done with my part time reception job at Phoenix Seminary, so I've been given the gift of time and I'm taking full advantage of it. I feel like my life is finally really put together and in a really good place.

You know how in college you feel like you're in this constant holding tank. Or maybe for some it's when you're single or for others it's when you're waiting to have kids and start a family. I don't know, it just feels like for most of my life I've been waiting for it to start... and now it finally feels like it has. Here I am... going to bed when I want and waking up when I feel like it (every day now), eating when I'm hungry not just when it's my lunch break, hanging out with my husband all day, watching awesome movies while I work and sit in my beautiful office that I love. Not to mention getting to go on vacation when it's called for, not just when I have vacation time and actually having the energy to hang out with friends rather than feel like I'm dragging my half asleep body around and trying to have fun while holding my eyelids open.


We're almost out of debt... both our company and personally (except for Scottie's student loan which we don't count because that will take years), we have a company that feels like it's really gaining momentum, we have an apartment that we love and that we don't pay to live in, and we may need to get new cars soon as ours begin to fall apart but they are good for now and even when we get new ones we'll do so without gaining a car payment. It feels nice to be in a position where I feel like we're taking two steps forward and then staying there... rather than being shoved back two steps immediately. I know things can change and I know things aren't perfect. But for now I'm very excited and I think life is good.


No comments: